Nothing beats eating a nice, warm dessert, especially when it’s cold out. But if you just want a little cake for yourself, why make a whole batch of something? So here’s a delicious, rich, and gooey mug cake that’s perfect for those days where you need something oh-so-warm and cozy to snack on.
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tbsp granulated sugar
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup + 1 tbsp milk
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 chocolate truffle (my preference is Lindt, but you can use whatever you want)
- In a bowl, whisk together all the dry ingredients, then add the milk and oil and stir until smooth (do not add the truffle here).
- Pour the batter into a 14- or 15-oz microwave-safe mug, making sure that the cake will have enough room to rise without overflowing.
- Now pop the truffle into the middle of the batter and cover the mug with a paper towel.
- Bake in the microwave for about 70 seconds on high (NOTE: Times will vary from microwave to microwave, so adjust the time as needed).
I hope you guys have tons of fun making this super yummy mug cake! You can also double or even triple this recipe so you can make some for friends, too!
Have a happy day. 🙂